Friday, August 04, 2006

Blathering

So, I'd actually write about something new, except that I'm all discombobulated figuring out this blogger thing. Yeah, while MSN/WL pissed me off with that switch-over, I gotta give them that it was pretty intuitively obvious what to do when using their site. (At least, the original one.) However, you'll note that I DID figure out how to not only put in links, but to retitle the links section and add in a second one. Woo-hoo!

Enjoying a lovely beer that Mr. Kluges just brought to me. It's called "Trappistes Rochefort 8" and it's just... lovely. You'd think I'd be able to describe it better, so let's see... It's a cloudy deep nutty brown, with a surprisingly white head. A little sharp with alcohol, it's still fairly mellow and rounded for a trappist-style beer, with a slightly tingly aftertaste. Like I said, lovely. He got it in Kilkenny a few weeks ago, but we just broke it out now. There's a great liquor store there that we remembered fondly from our several months in Ballyragget in '02.

So, I haven't yet gotten in my full complement of exercise. You see, Pumpkin, who usually naps at LEAST an hour, if not 1 1/2, decided (even after being up from about 1 am until about 2:30 am upset and then hungry) to only rest for 40 minutes this afternoon. Here I was, exercise video in the VCR, busily warming up to Claudia Schiffer's Perfectly Fit Upper Body Workout (which does include abs, a problem spot for me), when "Waaah!" End of exercise session.

And now? Well, I've got a lovely trappist in front of me... and it's 10:00 at night. Guess I'm not going to make my goal this week. Oh, well, it was a short week anyway with August starting on a Tuesday... I'll work a little harder on it next week. (And I WILL be getting in 30 minutes tomorrow - no ifs, ands, or buts (butts?) about it!)

So, cheers to y'all or slainte if you prefer... I'm going to go enjoy my beverage!

4 comments:

ShoNuff said...

The great thing about this one is some of us have been looming here for years.... Welcome to blogspot.

Allknowingjen said...

Welcome aboard! :) I am so impressed by you! First, that you figured out the linky list thing - woo hoo! (though a couple are off- you have Dude as the robustity and Ang as the sexology expert. Not that she isn't!)
And also impressed with the exercising updates and honesty- you are a brave woman!

Kashka said...

The important thing with any goal, especially the exercise related ones is that you not beat yourself up if you miss them. Your body needs time to get used to anything, and it needs rest and variety. Take it from someone who's tried to do that TaiBo video twice in one day.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh yeah, I hear you, Kashka. This is definitely a progression thing. I did do some of Claudia's exercise video yesterday, but didn't feel at all bad only doing half of the ab stuff - my muscles just aren't there yet! And also, it's a goal to do it 3x a week, not a promise! :)

And TaiBo... yeah, scary.